17 May 2009

No title

Hey guys.  We had another amazing week of training here in Kirchzarten, and I've been feeling really in shape.  No excuse for my bad result today in the Bundesliga German Series Race in Huebach, other than I just had no legs.  Training for cycling is proving to be as difficult as ever, and I can never really tell whether I'm feeling good or not until the gun goes off.  Today, I had a great start position (29 out of 100 or so starters), but wasn't able to hold it, and ended up in 60th place, 3 laps down.  I was rolling backwards out of the start.  My legs felt like jello on the climbs, but the descents were fun.  It's safe to say that today wasn't my best result over here... but I'm looking up, and down... There are surely many good and bad races to come this season.   


The only thing on my mind right now is home.  After three months, you loose track of how homesick you are - it's overwhelming to think about, and so you shut it out.  Now, however, I've come to the realization that I'm a week away from the comforts of my family and friends, my own bed, my own room, my beautiful home in Colorado... I have missed it all, but never as much as I do now.  



Let's see.  A couple nice rides this week.  One day with the Rothaus Team doing core at the gym.  My abs still hurt.  We left on Saturday morning for Huebach, a three hour drive Northeast, and rode the course when we got there.  Much to Joey's (our mechanic) dismay, the course was a muddy mess, and he spent until 11:00 that night cleaning machines for the race the next morning.  Let me reiterate the fact that Joey is awesome - working on bikes for a group of racers is never easy, he's one man for the 6 of us.  His hard work made the difference in a good race for many of us, me including.  My defective brake is more defective than normal, and I am once again confined to a set of options - 1. Deal with it.  2. Buy a new brake.  These problems with the bike need to stop, I've spent far too much money over here.  



Ice after the race.  yum.  (Joey)



In the car after the race.  I think we were all kind of out of it. (Left to right: Stephen Ettinger, Tristan Cowie, Colin Osborn)




So, I'm out for now.  I have a lot of laundry to do, and a lot of sleep to catch up on, and a girlfriend that I really want to talk to... 


No comments: