24 May 2010

Europe 2010

Tomorrow, I'll be strapping in for my second thrill ride through scenic Europe.  USA Cycling has a great program established for us -- I'll be attending the U23 National Mountain Bike Camp in Kirchzarten, Germany for the second year in a row.  I am excited and nervous for the trip -- excited to train on the beautiful singletrack in the Black Forest, nervous to see how I compare to last years trip in the racing we have planned -- as follows:

29.30 May 2010 - Swiss Racer Bikes Cup - Plaffeien, CH
5.6 June 2010 - Swiss Racer Bikes Cup - Champéry, CH

It's still up in the air as to whether I will be staying another week in Switzerland after the U23 Team departs on the 8th of June.



The season has had a bit of a slow start, but that's all part of the season plan.  With no chance of making the World Cup team in the spring because of my final weeks at CU, I decided to take the spring as per usual by enjoying my time on the bike with a lot of long base miles, and not much specificity in my training.  In the past, this has always worked for me for a July peak, and this year, July is a supremely important month.  Here's what we have laid out:


26 June 2010 - Subaru Cup, Mt. Morris, WI


4 July 2010 - Firecracker 50 (Marathon Nationals), Breckenridge, CO


9.10 July 2010 - Pro XCT Sand Creek, Colorado Springs, CO


17.18 July 2010 - USA XC Mountain Bike Nationals, Sol Vista, CO

That seems to be the gist of things.  I'll surely update more extensively on the long flight into Frankfurt tomorrow night.  For now, auf wiedersehen.

No comments: